Lead Devops Engineer
- Frimley, United Kingdom
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you'll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you'll do meaningful work you're passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customersandis consistently awarded for both.We're all about people,and our employees are why Discoverisa great place to work.Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible forthe delivery of automated software delivery practices focusing on full automation between the development and production environments. Collaborates with Development, Testing,Architectureand Infrastructure groups to ensure consistency across the enterprise.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive Lead DevOps Engineer to join us for the next stage of our journey into Extreme Automation. You will help us drastically reduce software cycle time while increasing quality through innovation and engineering best practice.
- Partners with Scrum Teams to implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Works with infrastructure teams to implement fully automated environments.
- Implements standard automation patterns based on industry best practices.
- Provides day to day DevOps support to the Scrum and infrastructure teams.
- Maintains and monitors CI/CD pipelines.
- Assists and advises delivery teams on git usage and hygiene
- Contributes to inner-sourced Enterprise level DevOps tooling
- Performs new tech POCs
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Demonstrable years of experiencein Software Engineering, DevOps or related field
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Terraform or Cloudformation
- Linux/Shell scripting
- Git (GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket)
- Java, Python, Groovy or another modern programming language
- Agile experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top