2021 General Business MBA Internship Program
- Riverwoods, IL
At Discover, you will never stop learning. We are looking for people driven by purpose, who want to help us change the game in financial services. We were founded in 1986, and now have over 16,000 employees. Together we are dedicated to helping people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more for a brighter financial future.
By joining us, you will be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. We are as focused on our employees as we are on our customers - and we have been consistently awarded for both. Be the reason we help millions of people build a brighter financial future, and achieve yours along the way.
What Our Internship Provides
- 12-week paid summer internship
- A housing stipend for the summer (if eligible)
- Strategic and impactful project assignments that support the company's key objectives and priorities
- A team of resources to assist with training and career development
- Exposure to managers and leaders with excellence in business acumen
- Real time and consistent feedback
- Opportunities to interact with and present to executive leadership team
- Group activities, including networking events and volunteer activities
- Dedicated program managers and knowledgeable mentors
- Establish career connections with fellow interns
- Opportunity for career advancement and success
How You'll Do It
- MBA Internship opportunities are available across Discover; within Consumer Banking, U.S. Card, Payments Services, Corporate Risk Management, and Credit Operations and Decision Management. There are a variety of functional areas including: Analytics, Business Development, Business Risk and Compliance, Collections, Consumer Insights and Market Research, Customer Experience, Marketing (i.e. Acquisition, Brand Communications, Customer Experience, Strategy), Operations (i.e. Acquisition, Servicing, Strategy), Process Improvement, Product Management, and Product Strategy.
- Lead the development of a solution to a business problem utilizing strategic problem solving techniques and thought leadership.
- Manage relationships with related business partners and ensure that projects are delivered in a timely manner, using a variety of techniques to understand key stakeholder concerns and gain buy in.
- Create content, develop rationale and deliver/facilitate presentations to communicate initiative results and project proposals to both key stakeholders and leadership team.
- Establish a strong understanding of the business and bring fresh ideas to improve processes and generate efficiencies with a strong customer focus throughout.
- Apply different sources and tools for manipulating data to achieve key insights and conclusions for determining business solutions.
Qualifications You'll Need
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited 4-year College or University
- Currently pursuing MBA Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years full-time work experience
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic and/or extracurricular experiences
- Strong problem-solving abilities and intellectual curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate ideas effectively into stories which establish clear priorities and drive strategic decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with and influence employees at all levels
- Ability to resolve ambiguity and analyze data to surface insights
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access)
- Knowledge of operation/workflow tools: Visio, PMP certificate, Lean Six Sigma, JIRA, Rally
- Business Analytics focused: exposure to SQL, Python, SAS
- Digital marketing certifications (e.g. Google AdWords, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Operates as a team player
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top