2021 - General Business Internship Program - Accounting (Undergraduate)
- Riverwoods, IL
At Discover, you will never stop learning. We are looking for people driven by purpose, who want to help us change the game in financial services. We were founded in 1986, and now have over 16,000 employees. Together we are dedicated to helping people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more for a brighter financial future.
By joining us, you will be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. We are as focused on our employees as we are on our customers - and we have been consistently awarded for both. Be the reason we help millions of people build a brighter financial future, and achieve yours along the way.
Discover's General Business Accounting Internship Program is a dynamic training program that provides participants with real-world accounting, reporting and controls experience. Accounting interns rotate through various areas within the Corporate Controller's organization spanning Accounting, Tax, Consolidations, Reporting, and Internal Controls. Interns will gain insight into the partnership role that Accounting can and should play within in the broader organization.They will have opportunities to apply their education theory and skills, while expanding their business knowledge and practical experience in each of the rotations. Interns will also have opportunities to expand their professional and social networks with business colleagues, as well as other interns.
What our internship provides:
- 12-week paid summer internship
- Rotation assignments in multiple Accounting teams
- Fully-furnished apartments
- Interesting projects that support the company's objectives
- Real-time feedback
- A team of resources to assist with training and career development
- Exposure to managers with excellence in business acumen
- Opportunities to interact with the senior leadership team
- Group activities, including networking events and volunteer activities
- Dedicated program managers and knowledgeable mentors
- Lasting career connections with fellow interns
- Must be enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's Program, Accounting discipline, with a scheduled senior year completion date between December 2021 and June 2022
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on 4.0 grade point average scale
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate ideas into clear priorities
- High energy and intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical skills and a consultative approach to addressing customer needs
- Strong business acumen, knowledge of financial industry, risk management, and business metrics
- Proficiency in SQL, SAS
- Proficiency in visual data management, i.e. Excel, Tableau
- Experience with Digital Design and Customer User Experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively
- Ability to apply previous experience and knowledge to new situations and problems
- A strong interest in marketing, operations, data and analytics, and process improvement is highly preferred
- Operates as a team player
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Back to top