Working at Discord is like working with an exciting and motivated family. Recognition and paying our employees is an important part of our commitment to making Discord an equitable environment, so we're looking for a Sr. Total Rewards Manager to join our growing People Operations Team (POPs for short) and help us maintain and evolve our approach towards compensation. This role will be a key partner in the evolution of our Compensation Philosophy and competitive rewards programs. You will report to our Head of Total Rewards & HR Operations and will be an important contributor to building out the Total Rewards function for scale and support our growing company.
What you’ll be doing
- Conduct ongoing market pricing analysis to ensure market competitiveness as we grow (e.g. Radford, Mercer, ERI.)
- Develop recommendations to expand our compensation program internationally,
- Review and select benchmark surveys and analyze relevant market data, and develop recommendations for updates to job architecture, salary structures and bonus targets.
- Provide guidance on which roles are subject to FLSA exemptions.
- Partner with our POps team to develop a competitive and rewarding benefits strategy (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- Analyze utilization metrics for our Total Wellness Program; provide recommendations and adjustments as needed. Project manage initiatives in partnerships with ERGs and POps team to drive engagement.
- Assess our current attrition and offer acceptance/declination rate metrics and perform yearly market competitive analyses to assess the effectiveness of our compensation program.
- Build compensation system and tools to support our semi-annual compensation review process.
- Conduct a semi-annual pay analysis to ensure internal parity. Migrate the process as we scale to a statistical software, such as R or Stata, to conduct a regression analysis.
- Special projects, such as a review and analysis of great compensation package practices and LTI taxation in international locations.
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience in compensation management, including an emphasis on global compensation administration across fixed and variable cash and equity compensation
- Experience with stock options, RSU's, and other equity offerings, building and running compensation programs and incentive-based plans
- Compensation experience with rapidly scaling technology companies, pre-IPO equity, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and executive compensation
- An understanding of global compensation strategies
- Laser focus on large datasets to maintain accuracy and ability to summarize data to support our decisions
- Advanced experience in Excel and Google Sheets
- A love for analyzing. Including statistical analysis and modeling along with experience evaluating and managing online salary management tools
- Experience with R, Stata or other statistical software
- CCP or other relevant certification
- Experience in a pre-IPO environment