Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure (Anti-Abuse)
- San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a seasoned blacksmith whose sworn duty is to create weapons that defend our users from all manner of unwanted content and behavior. As an Anti-Abuse engineer, you will equip the Trust & Safety team with fully-featured, battle-tested tools to keep any marauders at bay from our users. Come join the Anti-Abuse team and help forge the way to a safer Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Leveling up our Trust & Safety team by identifying bottlenecks in their workflow and building tools that deliver elegant and effective solutions
- Building our in-house, real-time rules engine written in Python and powered by Kafka
- Deploying your own code and building your own tools to do so
- Moving quickly to respond to the ever changing landscape of abuse on Discord
What you should have
- Minimum of 4 years experience building scalable backend or real-time data systems
- Experience working on, and deploying, large-scale systems in Python, Go, or other similar language
- Experience debugging a live production system
- Ability to think on your feet and context switch at a moments notice
- Prior experience working in the Anti-Abuse domain
- Experience with data warehouses like Druid, BigQuery, and Redshift
- Experience with real-time streaming data systems like Kafka
- Ability to build client-side UI in React
- You have a strong moral compass that navigates and motivates you
- Can supply your own anvil
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Back to top