Discord is looking for experienced and passionate data scientists to join our team! As a member of the Data Science & Analytics team, you'll use your expertise in machine learning to help Discord achieve its mission of providing people with belonging in online communities, by collaborating directly with the teams who design, build, and support Discord. If you're passionate about data, impact, and working on an amazing team, read on!
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to provide a deeper understanding of product, users, and communities
- Build predictive models, apply causal inference techniques, and design and analyze experiments to support high impact company initiatives
- Ideate, communicate, and and partner directly with product, engineering, and business teams to improve decision-making and drive impact
You have (you don't need all of these to apply!):
- Deep technical expertise in machine learning and applied statistics
- 4+ years of experience applying machine learning and statistical knowledge to solve ambiguous business problems
- Deep technical expertise in machine learning fundamentals, applied machine learning, and statistical modeling
- 3+ years of experience writing excellent Python or R
- Experience with technical leadership, being the point person for one or more stakeholder groups
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to deliver complicated findings and explain technical approaches to a variety of audiences
- A desire to work with amazing, passionate people who care deeply about solving challenging problems to improve Discord
- Last but not least - a collaborative attitude and a healthy dose of natural curiosity!
- Experience in the design and analysis of A/B tests in a fast-paced environment at scale
- Proficiency in SQL
- Passion for Discord or online communities
- Experience with social media or international subscription-based online services, including familiarity with concepts such as social graphs, LTV modeling, user segmentation, etc
- Experience using a BI visualization tool like Tableau or Looker to surface model results, monitor performance, etc
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!