Web Designer / Developer
About Digital Trends:
DigitalTrends is an online tech and lifestyle magazine coveringeverything electronic — from the latest Apple iPad developments to innovationsin the world of hybrid-electric vehicles. Our content spans news, expertanalysis, guides, in-depth reviews, hands-on videos, and more. We are among the top 10 most visited technology sites.
Job Responsibilities include,but are not limited to the following:
- Create designsfor landing pages, standard and custom ad units, email, and UI elements
- Create designsfor print collateral
- Produce htmltemplates for web and email
- Learn and utilize design/development best practices
- Produce quality work while meeting required productionmetrics
- 5+ years experience in digital design (web, mobile)
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Sketch, After Effects, etc
- Ability to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems
- Experience designing original creatives within the confines of existing brand guidelines
- Strong portfolio demonstrating cutting edge design skills in the fields of advertising and digital product design
- Strong advocate for good UX
- Comfortable using latest design tools (Adobe, Sketch, After Effects, etc)
- Ability to balance user needs, business goals and technological constraints
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to learn and apply skills quickly
- Ability to self motivate
- Ability to solve problems both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to handlemultiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills andattention to detail.
- Communication andinterpersonal skills. Able tocommunicate and provide feedback effectively to others.
- Revision Control (Git, Subversion, etc)
- Proficiency in PHP and WordPress
- MySQL or similar database technologies
- Build/Task managers (Gulp, Grunt, etc)
- Dependency Managers (Composer, Bundler, etc)
- Virtualization (Vagrant, Docker, etc)
- Foosball and Nerf Gun warfare
This job operates inan office environment. This role uses a computer nearly 100% of the time forthe completion of work.
Hours / Compensation:
- This is a full-time,salaried, position
This is largely asedentary role. The employee isfrequently required to use a keyboard and to sit for long periods of time.
What’s in it for you:
- Company paid Tri-Metpass
- Medical, dental,vision, 401k, life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability offered
- Fun workingenvironment to include the following in-office amenities: free nerf-gun to allnew-hires, full in-office café, free espresso, foosball table, big-screen TV’s,bike racks, shower in-office, laundry machines in-office (while testing themfor reviews), full kitchen to include dishes, stove, and dishwasher, and somuch more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Digital Trends's Employees
Sr. Digital Producer
Alana works as a go-between person, collaborating with Digital Trends’ Design and Development Teams. She oversees a variety of projects involving integrated marketing and UI/UX design.
Back to top