Staff Writer - Home Section
Digital Trends is a tech and lifestyle website covering everything electronic — from the latestApple iPad developments to innovations in the world of hybrid-electricvehicles. Our content spans from news, expert analysis and guides to in-depthreviews.
We are currently hiring a Staff Writer for our Home section
StaffWriters at Digital Trends are passionate, knowledgeable professionals with deepunderstanding of a topic area, and a love of consumer tech and gadgetry. This is a fast-paced job in a fast-pacedindustry: First and foremost, a staff writer finds and writes multiple newsstories every day, develops long-form features and articles, and createspointed opinion pieces to ensure Digital Trends place as a thought leader. Staff writers also ensure timely,comprehensive coverage of key products, including reviews, videos, how-topieces, and more.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Find and write multiple short news stories per day.
- Ensure coverage of key products through reviews, videos,how-tos and more.
- Develop long-form features and articles, and create pointedopinion pieces.
- Fact-check articles and aid in production in WordPresspublishing platform.
- Identify opportunities for original long-form stories andexecute accordingly.
- College degree in journalismor related field preferred.
- Excellent writingskills; able to write in a style that is interesting to the core audience.
- Experience workingwith web content management systems (Wordpress preferred) and Microsoft OfficeSuite.
- Comfortable workingwith HTML.
- Ability to handlemultiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellentorganizational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Photography/videographyskills a plus.
- Broad knowledge of the current tech landscape is a necessity.
This job operates inan office environment. This role primarily uses a computer for the completionof work.
This is largely asedentary role. The employee isfrequently required to use a keyboard and to sit for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Digital Trends's Employees
Sr. Digital Producer
Alana works as a go-between person, collaborating with Digital Trends’ Design and Development Teams. She oversees a variety of projects involving integrated marketing and UI/UX design.
Back to top