Software Test Engineer/ QA
Job Title: Software Test Engineer/ QualityAssurance Engineer
Dept: IT/ Development
Reports to: Dev/Ops Manager
FLSA: Salaried, Exempt,full-time
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends is an online tech and lifestyle magazine coveringeverything electronic — from the latest Apple iPad developments to innovationsin the world of hybrid-electric vehicles. Our content spans news, expertanalysis, guides, in-depth reviews, hands-on videos, and more. We are among thetop 10 most visited technology sites.
The Software testengineer will be responsible for creating and maintaining a testing strategy,testing automation, as well as advocating for and helping to implement a testdriven development workflow. The software test engineer will be part of a teamof developers responsible for building out and maintaining features for ourdigital web properties. The software test engineer will be expected to learnabout platform internals in order to identify and provide coverage for quality,security, and stability issues. The ideal candidate will be a detail orientedsoftware developer with a focus on quality assurance.
Job Responsibilities include,but are not limited to the following:
- Write unit tests
- Test and debug code
- Build and maintain automation tools
- Build and maintain continuous integration solution
- Write technical documentation
- Define and execute test plans
- Define andmaintain development quality standards
- Execute and manageA/B tests
- Produce quality work while meeting required productionmetrics
- Some college and/or college degree strongly preferred
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies
- Proficiency with Test/Behavior Driven Development methodology
- Proficiency using Selenium or equivalent automated testing solutions
- Proficiency with Bash Scripting
- Experience using ticket management systems (Jira, Bugzilla, Trac, etc)
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meetdeadlines.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills andattention to detail.
- Communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and provide feedbackeffectively to others.
- Virtualization (Vagrant, Docker, Vmware, etc)
- Experience using Jenkins or other CI tools.
- Revision Control (Git, Subversion, etc)
This job operates inan office environment. This role primarily uses a computer for the completionof work.
Hours / Compensation:
- This is a full-time,salaried, position
This is largely asedentary role. The employee isfrequently required to use a keyboard and to sit for long periods of time.
What’s in it for you:
- Company paid Tri-Metpass
- Medical, dental,vision, 401k, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability offered
- Fun workingenvironment to include the following in-office amenities: putting green, freeredbulls, free espresso, foosball table, big-screen TV’s and theatre room, bikeracks, shower in-office, laundry machines in-office (while testing them forreviews), full kitchen to include dishes and some food
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Digital Trends's Employees
Sr. Digital Producer
Alana works as a go-between person, collaborating with Digital Trends’ Design and Development Teams. She oversees a variety of projects involving integrated marketing and UI/UX design.
Back to top