Senior Director Of Video
Digital Trends is here to help people navigate an increasingly digital world. We are providers of trustworthy and unbiased product reviews written in plain English, as well as timely and entertaining coverage of the way tech is changing our lives. By focusing on products that incorporate style along with cutting edge functionality, Digital Trends has become an indispensable resource for people who embrace the best of what technology can offer. We are the fastest-growing independent tech media brand in the world and among the top 10 most visited technology sites.
We are currently looking for a full-time Senior Director of Video to join our growing team. We are seeking candidates who possess creative leadership and video skills, strong fundamental talent for shooting video, driving traffic to digital media, and careful attention to detail. This position will be tasked with quickly leading the creation of engaging, insightful video, increasing our video presence and designing strategic initiatives for the department. Enthusiasm for and understanding of the latest in consumer electronics technology, and passion for digital media is imperative.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) salary position working out of our downtown Portland office.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operate a physical studio in partnership with branding, collaborating with teams across all brands at the company – in digital, editorial, social media, the SEO team, advertising operations, and sales – to develop and produce digital video content
- Possess a strong understanding of the digital video landscape, including the latest techniques for a growing audience, distribution strategy and cost effectively shooting quality video, including producing ideas in multi-format video for all audiences: YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat and more
- Possess strong analytical skills to carry out a metrics-driven approach to content creation and report regularly to the executive team and the brand
- Oversee effective use of the production budget and manage use of full-time and contract labor
- Recruit and retain top creative talent
- Manage and continue to build a high quality video distribution partner network to support advertising and sales
- Build relationships that will allow Digital Trends to procure and use outside relevant video content
Proven experience and success in digital video and creative direction for other online companies
Ability to stay ahead of emerging platforms and new forms of content distribution, tracking trends not out of necessity, but from an insatiable desire for growth and knowledge
Strong creative background, thought, and instincts to aid in leading the organization with short and long term strategies within video and creative spaces
Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail
Highly collaborative and innovative
A leader of people; verbally, visually, emotionally, personally, and professionally. You see your people as your biggest asset and strive to develop them into the next leaders of the organization.
This job operates in an office environment. This role primarily uses a computer for the completion of work. This role may require up to 50% travel.
Hours / Compensation:
- This is a full-time, salaried, exempt, position
- Competitive and negotiable based on experience
This is largely a sedentary role. The employee is frequently required to use a keyboard and to sit for long periods of time.
What’s in it for you:
- Company paid Tri-Met pass
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, AD&D, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability offered
- Fun working environment to include the following in-office amenities: ping-pong table, free redbulls, free espresso, foosball table, big-screen TV’s and theatre room, bike racks, shower in-office, laundry machines in-office (while testing them for reviews), full kitchen to include dishes and fully stocked cafe
Back to top