Digital Trends is an online tech and lifestyle magazine covering everything electronic — from the latest Apple iPad developments to innovations in the world of hybrid-electric vehicles. Our content spans news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, hands-on videos, and more. We are among the top 10 most visited technology sites.
The PR Director at DT will be our lead evangelist. We are the fastest growing independent media company in the US and we are looking for someone to help tell our story. We are looking for a seasoned professional with client side experience working for a publisher or major media company.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct public relations department within the company.
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision.
- Implement social media strategies.
- Manage relationships with media outlets.
- Produce and publish mass communications with email blasts and marketing campaigns.
- Refine core messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of communication including development, organizing and education.
- Ensure consistent framing of messages.
- Coordinate events, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Advocate on behalf of the company brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels and vehicles.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop the advertising, marketing and promotion plans.
- Edit and revise content as necessary.
- College degree strongly preferred
- Must have worked for a media company previously
- Must have managed an outside Agency previously
- Interest/knowledge of current consumer electronics, including but not limited to: smartphones, home theater, gaming, computing, photography, social media, and automotive tech
- Ability to work in an office environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others
Hours / Compensation:
- This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position
- Compensation DOE
Back to top