Operations Database Administrator Analyst
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends is an online tech and lifestyle magazine covering everything electronic — from the latest Apple iPad developments to innovations in the world of hybrid-electric vehicles. Our content spans news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, hands-on videos, and more. We are among the top 10 most visited technology sites.
We are looking for a knowledgable and experienced database admin. You will be responsible for maintaining our BI database, including data scraping, collection, maintenance, and cleaning. We are a PDX based media company, focusing on consumer technology. This is a highly technical role. Our office is open, energetic, lively, and we are looking for a candidate who embraces these characteristics.
- Maintain and grow our BI data warehouse
- Work closely with BI team on data needs for key reporting
- Enhance and improve our database for future needs and growth
- Microsoft SQL, MySQL, or other SQL open source products
- Other data collection & scraping techniques
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud DB platform
- Amazon RDS
- Familiarity with Tableau integrations preferred
- Experience with optimization of scripts
- Visual Studio 2013 or 2015
- UNIX scripting
- REGEX familiarity
- Power shell * C# experience
- Data warehousing
- Understanding of how to automate processes and reports
- Understanding of the transfer and migration process
- General understanding of Dev Ops and scalibility
- Strong knowledge of data warehouses
This is largely a sedentary role. The employee is frequently required to use a keyboard and to sit for long periods of time.
What’s in it for you:
- Company paid Tri-Met pass
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid parental leave, generous PTO package, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability offered
- Fun working environment to include the following in-office amenities: putting green, in-office company-paid convenient store, free espresso, foosball table, big-screen TV’s and theatre room, bike racks, shower in-office, laundry machines in-office (while testing them for reviews), full kitchen, and much more!
Meet Some of Digital Trends's Employees
Sr. Digital Producer
Alana works as a go-between person, collaborating with Digital Trends’ Design and Development Teams. She oversees a variety of projects involving integrated marketing and UI/UX design.
Back to top