DigitalOcean is at a point of unprecedented growth, internally and externally, and now seeks a VP of Product to create compelling web infrastructure products that are focused on usability while maintaining the product vision of simplicity. At this point of major inflection and scale, DigitalOcean is looking for a VP of Product to come on as a driving force behind the company’s product strategy and definition. This person will be responsible for building and managing a team of high-caliber product focused individuals driving innovation among the organization.
The VP, Product will be the owner of the product vision to define and drive the product strategy and roadmap. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about creating simple, usable, and scalable web infrastructure products to solve complex technological problems. As a strategic partner to the CEO and CTO, this leader will drive the entire product development lifecycle process and develop and ship innovative products that adhere to the DO values of simplicity and performance.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build, manage, and provide technical leadership to the product team and develop staff to define and deliver high quality results
- Define the product roadmap so that stakeholders are engaged and key product decisions are well thought-out and communicated
- Work closely with the entire executive team to define, refine and improve the product vision and value proposition
- Oversee and/or write the requirements for all new product features and enhancements to all of the systems and products
- Collect and analyze user usage metrics to help guide product improvements
- Develop effective and informative feedback loops through various departments within the organization
- Drive agile, iterative, and user centric product development processes
- Be the voice of the end user. Collect improvement requests and champion them into release cycles
- Leverage data and innovate features and functionality based on an assessment of what the developer market will want tomorrow, not just what developers need today
- Implement tools to organize and optimize workflows
- Transform company focus to become a product driven organization
What We'll Expect From You:
- The ideal candidate comes with in-depth knowledge of Cloud Computing, Platform-as- a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as- a-Service (IaaS), Software-as- a-Service (SaaS) or Mobile computing industries and technologies
- 10 - 15+ years of experience creating software products, primarily in a B2B or B2C capacity
- Track record of building and shipping elegantly simple user interfaces/experiences with measurable success
- Hands on development skills with the ability to roll up sleeves and work alongside the engineering team and product managers
- Experience managing large teams of product and project managers
- Experience building web products and APIs for the developer market
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to negotiate with peers and management in a confident and compelling manner
- Highly organized with an execution/delivery driven mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage, mentor and motivate a team. Emotional intelligence is critical to this role.
- Strong track record in thriving in a highly energetic, fast moving environment
- Startup experience strongly preferred; entrepreneurial spirit a must
- An extremely smart and dynamic individual with outstanding communication skills and a balanced ego
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top