Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, profitable, high-growth technology company that has built a global infrastructure platform to enable developers around the world to seamlessly deploy, manage, and scale their applications. With more than 750,000 registered customers and over 30,000 teams, DigitalOcean has become one of the fastest growing cloud platforms in the industry. Our mission is to create a portfolio of cloud products and services that teams of developers love.
We are at a point of unprecedented growth, internally and externally, and now seek a customer-centric VP of Marketing to enhance story and our lead funnel as we move up market to support businesses. This person will be responsible for building and managing a team of high-caliber marketers to evolve our messaging, define and exceed lead generation goals, document performance, manage budgets, and increase operational efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will drive DigitalOcean’s marketing strategy by clearly communicating the value, optimizing our funnel, supporting the roadmap of new product releases, and leveraging the strength of our developer community as influencers in the new purchasing decision for teams at organizations.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Building a high performing marketing operation across demand generation, product marketing and communications.
- Layering our existing B2D (Business to Developer) marketing with B2B operations that will help the company move up market and transition from an organic self-service funnel to an inbound sales & marketing driven funnel.
- Integrating marketing and product to better understand our developer customer needs, communicate to the buyers effectively, and develop a strategy to identify where the market is heading.
- Partnering closely with the sales team to build top of the funnel awareness, lead generation programs and sales enablement material to help win deals.
- Owning revenue targets for Marketing specifically that tie back to people, programs, campaigns, initiatives and overall budget
- Leading our community team to drive awareness and strengthen the company’s relationship with the developer throughout their lifecycle
- Guide the marketing org through annual and quarterly planning processes
- Own inbound and engagement marketing programs across all channels including, but not limited to events, email, content marketing, partnerships, SEO/SEM, and social media.
- Guide and unify the creative direction of the brand and overall messaging for the company
What We’ll Expect of You:
- 10-15+ years of experience in progressive marketing roles at the senior management level within a high-tech or SaaS company
- Deep experience with market and customer segmentation, positioning, and integrated go-to market strategies
- Strong understanding of inbound marketing strategies and tactics to grow our developer community and business customer cohort
- Data driven leader with proven experience in funnel optimization, marketing operations, developing, measuring and improving SaaS metrics/KPIs, and prioritizing efforts to drive maximum returns
- Exceptionally well versed in marketing automation tools (Salesforce, Marketo, etc)
- Inspirational cross functional leader and member of the senior leadership team.
- Experience building, nurturing, and leading high performing world-class marketing teams
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue and lead goals
- Strong track record in thriving in a highly energetic, fast moving environment
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top