VP, Customer Success & Support
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about building meaningful long term relationships with our customers that help them grow and scale their business in the cloud and create experiences that they love.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that each and every customer receives maximum value from the service they’re using and has an amazing experience with DO. You will help to optimize the entire customer lifecycle from an individual developer building their first project, to a developer team building a business application on our platform. We want to create long term relationships with our customers that grow and scale as they do. Delighting customers and delivering love is one of our core values and the success of our customers is at the heart of it all.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating exceptional customer experiences, building high performing teams with an inspiring motivational style, and analytical skills to focus on the most productive initiatives that create long term customer value. You will lead numerous functions that comprise our customer facing teams to ensure we anticipate our customer’s needs, understand their key drivers, and deliver a user experience that our customers love.
The Customer Success & Support teams are critical in keeping customer satisfaction and engagement high while also responsible for churn and retention. By interacting directly with our customers, the team will be exposed to significant feedback and you will help to create a feedback loop to drive ongoing product development. You will represent the voice of the customer and will help in prioritizing the product backlog to build the best product possible.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You'll lead, build and develop strategies for our 24x7 teams who interact with 400,000+ MAUs representing Customer Success, Customer Support and Trust & Safety
- Owning revenue and account churn by designing the right initiatives for teams to drive retention and growth
- Implementing repeatable and scalable processes and strategies to help customers in their journey and ensure the different teams can scale with the growing customer base
- Developing the right set of analytics to provide business insights into churn risk, product adoption and help measure customer & product satisfaction
- Design strategies to expand revenue in accounts by building deep relationships to understand the customer’s needs, help articulate the value of our services and increase customer trust
- Focusing on lifetime value to ensure that we’re building the set of products and services to retain our customers as their needs grow and become more complex
- Driving additional business by finding repeatable value driven automation to nurture the full customer base
- Working cross functionally across the business with product, engineering, marketing and others to deliver feedback, inform the value proposition and ensure the overall experience is seamless and focused on the customer’s needs
What We Expect From You:
- At least 10 years of direct management experience in technical account management, customer support or customer success teams
- 5+ years relevant work experience preferably with a SaaS software provider, professional IT services company or Enterprise software business
- Experience using industry leading CRM and Support tools like Salesforce
- Experience leading development of service tooling to enable process automation
- Experience working with sales/post-sales teams
- Experience running customer enablement, training and onboarding programs
- Experience leading customer support operations
- Deep understanding of Customer Success metrics and how to measure them
- Proficient understanding of Web/Mobile/Infrastructure app development & architecture
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a high-growth, dynamic environment
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top