Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about uncovering what motivates and inspires people, and using that knowledge to successfully match candidates with technical opportunities at DigitalOcean.
We are looking for a technical recruiter to partner closely with managers from our Infrastructure and Support Teams to drive the entire recruiting process from beginning to end. Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, the Technical Recruiter will work hand in hand with DigitalOcean managers, interview teams and candidates to identify, attract and hire exceptional talent.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leveraging your expertise in sourcing and talent mapping skills to identify and attract top engineering candidates to DigitalOcean
- Building a pipeline of top engineers through researching and sourcing of candidates, talent mapping, and industry knowledge
- Engaging with potential candidates to determine fit and interest for roles on our engineering teams, then moving interested in qualified candidates into our recruiting process
- Managing multiple candidate channels including sourcing, advertising and other recruiting campaigns
- Utilizing and researching sourcing and recruiting tools which will keep us at the cutting edge of attracting top talent
- Being obsessive about great candidate experience
- Representing the company with integrity and professionalism
What We'll Expect From You:
- Successful track record in the development and delivery of talent pipelines for growing technology companies
- Exposure to multiple ATS platforms
- Well-versed in and have a deep understanding of the technical nature of the jobs at DO
- Understanding of the importance of building a brand for recruiting within a company
- Incredible desire to 'break the stereotype' of a typical tech recruiter
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top