Technical Program Manager
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, profitable, high-growth technology company that has built a global infrastructure platform that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to create a portfolio of cloud products and services that developers love.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Technical Program Manager is responsible for coordinating development activity across product lines, managing dependencies, identifying risks, ensuring on-time delivery, and communicating status of major initiatives in the Portfolio Roadmap. While this role is focused on software development, TPMs at DigitalOcean must be prepared to handle complex dependencies between hardware, procurement and logistics at a global scale.
This role is a great opportunity for experienced Project and Program Managers with expertise in IaaS, PaaS, SaaS or B2B Software development to launch products that are used and loved by thousands of developers worldwide, and have a major impact, both within the company and in the developer community at large
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manage schedules and dependencies across a portfolio of PaaS products
- Facilitate estimation and prioritization process with Product and Engineering teams
- Organize and communicate release plans and own the coordination of releases internally
- Manage, communicate and negotiate changes in project schedules with key stakeholders
- Measure and report on overall velocity to help shape process and optimize workflows
What We'll Expect From You:
- Proven track record of working with software development teams to deliver multiple product iterations on spec, budget, and time
- Effective at helping teams deliver on their commitments
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of intricate cross-dependencies
- Organization skills that mitigate against human error
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, and status updates both verbally and in writing
- Problem solving skills balancing between budget, release schedule, and spec adherence
- 5+ years experience in Project Management within a relevant industry (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS or B2B Software development)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple agile teams using decentralized decision-making, and rolling-wave planning.
Working at DigitalOcean:
- DigitalOcean offers competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for both employees and their dependents
- Competitive compensation including a 401k with up to 4% employer match
- Corporate Seamless account to keep your hunger at bay
- Monthly commuter expense and gym membership allowance
- Great office space located in the heart of SoHo
- Flexible vacation time
- Stock options
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top