Technical Program Manager
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
As a member of the Infrastructure team, the Program Manager focused on Incident Management, will work cross-functionally to uphold and support DigitalOcean’s incident management process. This Program Manager will play a key role as the company develops and implements the processes and technologies that will continue to enable us to provide the highest quality service to our rapidly growing customer base. Ability to interface with multiple diverse stakeholders, with an appreciation for working in an Operations environment is required.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Contribute to the design of the Incident Management process, data modeling / reporting, policies, and procedures.
- Lead the incident reviews, requesting / driving root cause, problem categorization and identification of actions to prevent recurring incidents
- Ensure accuracy in regards to proper prioritization, planning, and execution of problem tickets
- Provide reports or metrics, including key performance indicators (KPIs) around incidents or overall production activities
- Coordinate between across engineering and operations organizations to ensure clear communication across the full scope of production incidents and associated action items
- Develop and implement evidence-driven process improvements in the areas of incident management
What We'll Expect From You:
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, and status updates verbally, written, or in a presentation
- Excellent coordination, motivation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence and work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Strong skills in planning with a proven track record of completing projects to their fruition
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of intricate cross-dependencies
- Organization skills that mitigate against human error and drive continual improvement
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top