Team Lead, Employee Experience
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about getting things done and ensuring DigitalOcean is one of the best places to work in New York.
We are looking for an employee experience professional who will work closely with our People team in New York by helping to continually create an amazing, meaningful and productive office experience. Reporting to the Manager, Employee Experience the Team Lead will play a critical role in supporting DigitalOcean employees and will be relied upon to exemplify our core values. You will ensure that every employee at the DigitalOcean HQ loves coming to work every day!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Overseeing the strategy and office operation of DigitalOcean’s headquarters in NY, providing core services to 42,000 square feet of office space
- Partnering with local restaurants and catering vendors in and around the New York City area to schedule a rotating menu for our daily catered lunches
- Creating and maintaining relationships, negotiating and managing service contracts for a wide range of vendors and contractors
- Acting as the primary liaison for DigitalOcean’s building management and major service vendors
- Scheduling appointments for the office - such as A/V repairs, plant maintenance, servicing of our coffee and/or water machines, etc.
- Managing and maintaining our entire office and kitchen inventory, re-ordering supplies and food when necessary, and appropriately tracking all purchases
- Anticipating the needs of the office and finding innovative ways to ensure an amazing and positive employee experience every day
- Assisting in future facility expansions, including property visits, lease execution and contractor management
- Providing backup coverage for the front desk when needed
- Managing the execution of space planning and executing any desk moves
- Partnering with our security team to ensure security systems and policies are up to par and communicate workplace safety to employees
- Supervising and supporting day porters, maintenance contractors, and office experience coordinators
- Overseeing and managing the cleaning, maintenance, and schedule rotation of our corporate apartments
- Planning and producing office happy hours and holiday events
- Partnering with the Employee Experience team to produce company holiday party and yearly Shark Week summit
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Strong planning and organizational skills, adept problem-solving skills with focus on efficient, quick and consistent execution
- Office management experience
- Experience with compliance regulations, including fire system and alarm testing, building permits, and office safety
- Experience with expansion and space planning, construction management and office moves
- Demonstrated experience with contract negotiations
- A love of working with people to provide great service and an even better experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a “can-do” positive attitude, willing to think outside the box to get things done
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining composure when things don’t go smoothly
- Effective organizational and administration skills, especially with Google Apps platform, including Drive and MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively work autonomously and cross functionally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and leadership
- Ability and desire to build strong relationships with your immediate team and employees of DigitalOcean
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the office, recognize key milestones for employees, and identify pulse of the organization
- A desire to be part of, and help build an amazing office culture and environment!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work from our headquarters in NY
- Must be willing and able to travel to other DigitalOcean offices if necessary
- Start-up experience is preferred and an interest in technology is advantageous
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top