Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
Reporting to the Controller, the Tax Manager will work to deliver on key finance Tax initiatives across the organization with the goal of supporting programs to ensuring the accurate and timely reporting of financial information. The Finance PM will be focused primarily on business processes, both inside and outside of finance which impact reported financial results.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Ensuring the accuracy of Digital Ocean’s Federal Income Tax provision, producing accurate and timely quarterly income tax provisions as required.
- Owning all tax related general ledger accounts and operational tax filings.
- Ensuring the accuracy of all Tax related accruals.
- Providing audit support as needed for sales & use tax, and income tax audits.
- Partnering with EY, and other external tax resources to provide Tax solutions for Digital Ocean, to include:
- Coordinating Tax Transfer studies in India, Canada, and the Netherlands.
- Ensuring compliance with Global Tax Regulations
- Minimizing Taxable income in compliance with regulations.
- Review of foreign income tax provisions
- Owning Tax related reporting footnotes in the annual and quarterly reporting when needed.
- Maintaining a tax table within the billing/revenue system to insure the appropriate VAT and Sales Tax Rates are applied to Digital Ocean’s invoices.
- Build out Digital Ocean’s Tax team, strategically in-house functions to provide cost beneficial solutions to the company.
- Provide tax planning solutions for a growing US based company with Taxable Income
- Ensuring appropriate tax treatment for Digital Ocean’s secondary stock sales.
- Maintain a Tax Issues Log and assess financial risk of any open issues.
- Partnering with the Revenue/Billing Team in the implementation of a new revenue system.
What We'll Expect from You:
- Relevant experience working at big 4 accounting firms and Privately held companies
- Strong strategic intuition and ability to develop operational plans to optimize business performance
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, and status updates both verbally and in writing or presentation
- Strong skills in planning with a proven track record of completing projects, and managing processes.
- Effective at helping teams deliver to their commitments
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of intricate cross-dependencies
- CPA, Masters/MBA degree is preferred
- Experience coordinating with External auditors, Big 4 and other external tax support
- Bonus: Previously running a tax group in a public or public company
- Bonus: Experience in a pre IPO environment
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top