Support Operations Manager
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
As a Support Operations Manager, you’ll report to the Director of Customer Support and will be tasked with driving organizational excellence within our department. To deliver on this, we expect that you’ll seek input from multiple stakeholders to support strategic decision making by asking the right questions, driving projects to completion, and making sure everything we do is closely measured. This role partners closely with our technical support and Trust & Safety teams to identify, deliver and refine initiatives tied to organizational OKRs (metrics include CSAT, account churn, and NPS).
To accomplish our objectives, you’ll own our third-party tooling. We’re currently in an implementation phase with Service Cloud, a Salesforce tool, and you’ll jump in immediately to help push phase one to completion. Your goal is to continuously ship workflows and automations to increase agent efficiency and accuracy, while improving customer satisfaction. The challenge is to keep the tool simple and intuitive while balancing the needs of many teams.
The ideal candidate for this role brings best practices and a track record of delivering amazing customer experiences to a very technical customer base. You have a history of excelling at communication and organization within a dynamic technical organization. Our 24x7 support team is 95% remote, so you should have experience thriving in a similar environment and enjoy adding simplicity to complex environments. You should be extremely passionate about internal and external customers, the tooling to support their needs, and the ability to clearly present information to all levels of the business. We look for you to bring an analytical mind, a desire to measure the changes that we put into place, and know when to use your intuition when data is lacking. If you’re excited by the challenge of working in a company of technically minded employees, this is a great position for you.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Partner with internal teams to drive innovative, customer-centric processes that you measure
- Setting, implementing and testing hypothesis to improve support metrics
- Interacting and communicating with multiple stakeholders throughout the business
- Owning the implementation and continuous improvement of our new third-party support tool (Service Cloud)
- Managing and driving data around support initiatives
What We’ll Expect From You:
- A track record of success in customer operations management, preferably with experience at a cloud hosting company or similarly technical environment
- Education or experience in Statistics, Computer Science, and/or Operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of how to deliver amazing customer experiences
- Deep understanding of engineering and product lifecycles
- Analytical approach and ability to derive insights from data
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Familiarity with relevant technology is a plus (Service Cloud, Linux, Cloud Hosting)
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica is responsible for running the DigitalOcean office. She oversees recruiting and onboarding and ensures that every employee feels fulfilled and supported throughout their time at DigitalOcean.
Back to top