Summer Interns in Engineering, 2017
We are seeking a diverse set of software engineering interns to join our team this summer in New York & Cambridge!
At DigitalOcean our engineering team is building modern software that is reinventing the cloud infrastructure experience and we are looking for a few interns to help us on some of our teams in both Product & Cloud Engineering. Our interns will be working on high-impact projects across our teams, building a rich set of applications and services as well as the infrastructure that supports it all.
This paid internship program lasts 10 weeks in the summer and takes place at both our Soho-based, New York City HQ or our newly opened Cambridge offices. You will partner with a technical mentor, paired with a team that matches your interest. You will also work on a project during the course of your time here, which will culminate in a final presentation at the conclusion of the program. We want our interns to get a hands-on understanding of the different types of problems we’re solving and work on projects that excite them.
Our interns are fully integrated software engineers who spend the summer pushing code, building exciting applications, products, internal tools, and more. You’ll gain practical real world programming experience in a fully immersive program. Our hope is that this is the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship: we invest time in teaching, training, and mentoring you while gaining from your creativity, enthusiasm, and new approaches to our technical challenges. You’ll get hands-on experience in a professional workplace, make valuable contacts, and gain knowledge for future opportunities. Best of all, you get to experience what it’s like working for a leading cloud infrastructure provider.
Interns will have the chance to attend many DO-sponsored events, from brown bag lunch talks (our Munch and Learns), social events (think team dinners, baseball games, sightseeing, and more) to our ongoing series of guest speakers, sponsored meetups and other programming. We’ll also host special intern-specific events so that you can get to know other DO employees and explore all that the surrounding New York City/Cambridge areas have to offer.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You have a solid foundation in computer science theory, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with Golang, Java, C, C++, Python or any other high level programming language. We would like interns who identify as engineers first, not tied to a particular language.
- Experience or knowledge in large-scale distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Exceptional programming skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- A strong interest and obsession with building quality software.
- We are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology.
Our Ideal Interns:
- Have picked up good engineering habits at a previous internship
- Are excited to take part in reinventing cloud computing and IaaS
- Excel in computer science/engineering classes, or has taken the initiative to work on side-projects.
- You are genuinely interested in DigitalOcean as a company and are excited to use our products in your projects, if you haven’t already
- Want to work closely with product and design teams
Technologies we use:
How to apply:
If you're interested in joining the team, please send a resume, cover letter and any link to your projects/GitHub, telling us why you think you are a great fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or hack at side projects, that means something to us and we’d love to hear about it.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica is responsible for running the DigitalOcean office. She oversees recruiting and onboarding and ensures that every employee feels fulfilled and supported throughout their time at DigitalOcean.
Back to top