Summer Interns for 2018
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want students who are passionate about innovative cloud technology and working on features that developers love.
We’re looking for a diverse set of software engineering interns to join our team this summer in New York & Cambridge! We want our interns to get a hands-on understanding of the different types of problems we’re solving and work on projects that excite them. Our hope is that this is the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship: we invest time in teaching, training, and mentoring you while gaining from your creativity, enthusiasm, and new approaches to our technical challenges.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Helping our engineering teams build modern software to reinvent the cloud infrastructure experience
- Working on high-impact projects across our teams, building a rich set of applications and services as well as the infrastructure that supports it all
- Partner with a technical mentor and team based upon your interests
- Act as a fully integrated team player by pushing code, building exciting applications, products, internal tools and more
- Gain practical real-world programming experience in a full immersive program
- Get hands-on experience in a professional workplace, make valuable contacts, and gain knowledge for future opportunities.
- Completing a summer project during your 8-10 weeks, which will culminate in a final presentation during our annual Shark Week
- Attend optional DO-sponsored events, from brown bag lunch talks (our Munch & Learns), social events (think, team dinners, baseball games, sightseeing, and more) to our ongoing series of guest speakers, sponsored meetups, and other programming
What We’ll Expect From You:
- You have a solid foundation in computer science theory, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with Golang, Java, C, C++, Python or any other high level programming language. We would like interns who identify as engineers first, not tied to a particular language.
- Experience or knowledge in large-scale distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Exceptional programming skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- A strong interest and obsession with building quality software.
- Excitement around reinventing cloud computing and IaaS
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company and excitement to use our products in your projects (if you haven’t already!)
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top