The Finance team oversees the company’s financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure we report our financial information in an accurate and timely manner.
DigitalOcean is a cloud provider built to service millions of developers around the world who want to deploy, scale, and maintain their web applications with minimal manual effort.
- We are an IaaS company with a fantastic culture and great people
- We are a leader in a huge market, with plans to continue to drive extraordinary growth and success
- We are funded by top VCs including Access Industries, Andreessen Horowitz, and IA ventures
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to with a positive attitude to play an integral role in the company’s month-end close process.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Review daily cash activity, validate automatic payments agree to supporting payment schedules, and ensure cash transactions are properly recorded in the general ledger on a timely basis
- Maintain the integrity of the company’s credit card process by ensuring all credit card transactions are in compliance with the company’s guidelines and are properly supported with receipts or equivalent documentation
- Partner with the Infrastructure team to maintain the company’s detailed fixed asset register including additions, transfers, and disposals
- Assist the accounting team with the month-end close activities include the preparation of month-end reconciliations
- Assist in ad hoc projects and analysis
What We Expect from You:
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting with one to three years’ relevant experience is required
- Public company experience or audit background is a plus
- Detail oriented, high level of accuracy, strong work ethic and ownership of tasks required
- Experience Intacct or similar general ledger system preferred
Working at DigitalOcean:
- DigitalOcean offers competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for both employees and their dependents
- Competitive compensation including a 401k with up to 4% employer match
- Flexible vacation time
- Stock options
- Daily catered lunch as well as a corporate Seamless account to keep your hunger at bay
- Monthly commuter expense and gym membership allowance
- Great office space located in the heart of SoHo
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top