Sr. Program Manager, Product Analytics
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, profitable, high-growth technology company that has built a global infrastructure platform that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to create a portfolio of cloud products and services that developers love.
Reporting to the Director of Data & Analytics, the Sr. Program Manager, Product Analytics is responsible for coordinating analysis, data science and data engineering activities across product lines, managing dependencies, identifying risks, ensuring on-time delivery, and communicating status of major initiatives related to the Product Roadmap. While this role is focused on data and analytics, PMs at DigitalOcean must be prepared to handle complex dependencies between product, engineering, operations, marketing and finance.
This role is a great opportunity for experienced Program Managers with expertise in product analysis to champion data-driven decision-making in the process used to ship products that are used and loved by thousands of developers worldwide.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support and align roadmapping and success criteria for product-related work across business intelligence, data science and data engineering
- Manage schedules and dependencies across a range of product-related data initiatives
- Coordinate creation, implementation and implications of hypothesis-based tests to improve product metrics and business health
- Facilitate prioritization process between Data & Analytics, Product and Engineering teams
- Organize and communicate deliverable timelines and own the coordination of delivery internally
- Manage, communicate and negotiate changes in project schedules with key stakeholders
- Measure and report on overall velocity to help shape process and optimize workflows
What We'll Expect From You:
- Proven track record of working with business intelligence, data science and/or data engineering teams to deliver impactful product analytics and data products on-spec and on-time
- Understanding of product development lifecycles, analysis and hypothesis-testing
- Analytical approach and ability to derive insights from data
- Experience executing with confidence on complex, long-term assignments requiring independent action and a high-degree of initiative
- Ability to adapt to ambiguous situations, influence w/o authority, and work autonomously with little guidance from management
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of intricate cross-dependencies
- Organization skills that mitigate against human error and ability to identify and remedy gaps in methodology or processes
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, and status updates both verbally and in writing
- Problem-solving skills used to balance timelines and spec adherence, and help teams deliver on their commitments
- 5+ years experience in Project Management related to product-focused analytics work, ideally within a relevant industry (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS or B2B Software development)
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top