Senior Software Engineer: Developer Tools
DigitalOcean is on a mission to simplify cloud infrastructure for the millions of software developers around the world. We are a small, distributed, and cohesive team. At DigitalOcean, every single engineer has a massive impact on the organization and product, and we want to keep it that way. We believe in autonomy for teams and individuals.
Ultimately, we want you to be passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
As a Software Engineer in our Engineering Services org, you’ll be at the heart of the engineering pipeline building software that empowers engineering teams to develop rapidly and deploy reliable and scalable products/services. You’ll have ownership of the architecture, design and implementation of our tools and infrastructure at DO that improve developer efficiency. You’ll get the opportunity to work across a broad range of technologies while solving unique challenges.
What You'll Be Doing:
- DigitalOcean is loved by our developer and operations community. You’ll be their voice inside the company and work towards continually improving their experience
- Build large scale testing tools, frameworks and infrastructure to enable teams make sure their work of art is battle tested
- Innovate and continually improve our engineering pipeline with advanced CI/CD implementations.
- Optimize how we test our products whether it’s open sourced, commercial or internal infrastructure
- Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes
What We'll Expect From You:
- 7+ years experience in building internal developer/test tools, frameworks and infrastructure
- DO is built by developers for developers. You’ve got a penchant for testing, an obsession with engineering velocity, and are a developer at your core
- You’re experienced in working full stack, whether it’s building or debugging one.
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Perl, Ruby, Python, C/C++, Java
- You eat data for breakfast. We love driving decisions with metrics and you should too.
Working at DigitalOcean:
- DigitalOcean offers competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for both employees and their dependents
- Competitive compensation including a 401k with up to 4% employer match
- Flexible vacation time
- Stock options
- Daily catered lunch as well as a corporate Seamless account to keep your hunger at bay
- Monthly commuter expense and gym membership allowance
- Great office space located in the heart of SoHo
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top