Senior Software Engineer: Developer Tools
DigitalOcean is on a mission to simplify cloud infrastructure for the millions of software developers around the world. We are a small, distributed, and cohesive team. At DigitalOcean, every single engineer has a massive impact on the organization and product, and we want to keep it that way. We believe in autonomy for teams and individuals.
Ultimately, we want you to be passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
As a Software Engineer in our Engineering Services org, you’ll be at the heart of the engineering pipeline building software that empowers engineering teams to develop rapidly and deploy reliable and scalable products/services. You’ll have ownership of the architecture, design and implementation of our tools and infrastructure at DO that improve developer efficiency. You’ll get the opportunity to work across a broad range of technologies while solving unique challenges.
What You'll Be Doing:
- DigitalOcean is loved by our developer and operations community. You’ll be their voice inside the company and work towards continually improving their experience
- Build large scale testing tools, frameworks and infrastructure to enable teams make sure their work of art is battle tested
- Innovate and continually improve our engineering pipeline with advanced CI/CD implementations.
- Optimize how we test our products whether it’s open sourced, commercial or internal infrastructure
- Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes
What We'll Expect From You:
- 7+ years experience in building internal developer/test tools, frameworks and infrastructure
- DO is built by developers for developers. You’ve got a penchant for testing, an obsession with engineering velocity, and are a developer at your core
- You’re experienced in working full stack, whether it’s building or debugging one.
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Perl, Ruby, Python, C/C++, Java
- You eat data for breakfast. We love driving decisions with metrics and you should too.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top