Senior Salesforce Developer
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about leveraging tools to simplify processes.
We are looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer to join the Business Operations team. The mission of the team is to execute initiatives with the goal of driving performance, efficiency, and scale across the organization. Reporting to the Director of Business Operations, the Senior Salesforce Developer will design, develop, configure, maintain and ensure the quality of our third-party systems and integrations, starting with Salesforce Service Cloud, to ensure a seamless experience for our internal customers leveraging these systems to run the business.
In this role, you will collaborate with our Support, Customer Success, and Operations teams to tackle complex business problems that span a wide set of platforms and tools. By delivering more value to our team, we deliver love to our customers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Translate business requirements into working solutions using a combination of Salesforce and other applications
- Create (design, document, build) and manage (test, deploy) custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, custom workflow, approval processes, and other enhancements in Salesforce and other applications
- Stay updated on new features and functionalities, initiating recommendations for process improvements
- Evaluate and implement additional system integrations as needed
- Perform daily support and maintenance of DigitOcean’s Salesforce environment
- Work closely with Support, Customer Success, and Operations teams in a fun, dynamic and lively startup environment
What We'll Expect From You:
- A successful track record of Salesforce administration experience in a scaled environment, including at least 1 year with Service Cloud / Communities
- Strong logic skills and comfort with complex flows and processes
- A systematic approach to tracking, measuring, and analyzing results
- Ability to organize, prioritize and act upon multiple work streams simultaneously
- Agile and responsive when working in conjunction with other teams
- Clear, concise, and compelling communicator (written and verbal)
- History of working in a fast-paced environment; SaaS environment preferred
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top