Senior Product Marketing Manager: Storage
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We are looking for a talented and results oriented self-starter to work cross functionally with the marketing, community, and product teams to clearly and simply communicate the benefits of DigitalOcean storage products to developers. You will own and drive the overall plans around go-to-market, messaging, positioning, sales enablement and strategic partnerships working jointly with product management and marketing.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Connect market and customer data to draw insights to effectively market our storage products
- Inform product design with your knowledge of the market opportunities and competitive landscape for cloud storage services
- Develop product positioning and messaging as we expand our addressable market to larger developer teams
- Develop product marketing strategy for our growing portfolio of storage products
- Plan and execute multi-channel campaigns for each storage product launch from content to execution
- Develop product-specific content to drive revenue growth including solutions marketing, online workshops, blogs, customer stories (video and written), and presentations
- Collaborate with marketing and community teams to ensure growth marketing and influencer programs drive interest and excitement in the market
- Direct interaction with the DigitalOcean leadership team
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Track record of success in marketing to developers in a product marketing or product management role
- Demonstrated ability to influence up and cross-functionally
- Well-equipped to balance quantitative evidence and qualitative factors to quickly test and learn, but with ability to make decisions with uncertainty or imperfect data
- Strong advocate of the customers' point of view and requirements
- Demonstrated team leadership and organizational skills
- Startup experience strongly preferred; entrepreneurial spirit a must
- Strong track record in thriving in a highly energetic, fast moving environment
- Experience in the infrastructure or cloud services space is a plus
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top