Senior People Business Partner
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about supporting people and making sure our teams are strategic and thoughtful about enabling and developing their talent to drive performance.
As a Senior People Business Partner, you will act as a key strategic partner to our Corporate Operations teams, working to grow people programing and tools to develop and deliver new people initiatives to the organization. You will be a resource to both managers and employees, helping them operate more effectively and humanely. You’ll be charged with handling both day-to-day ER issues as well as strategic talent planning activities. And finally, you’ll be instrumental in scaling our growing company, championing our values and ensuring that DigitalOcean remains a great place to work.
What you will be working on:
- Partner with the People team, functioning as an advocate, resource, and front line for our Corporate Operations teams.
- Ensuring that all DO employees are receiving the support they need to perform at their full potential. This is a critical role to help us accelerate the performance of our employees.
- Offering guidance to tech leadership in the following areas: talent planning, performance management, compensation planning, employee relations and talent development
- Acting as a liaison with our Recruiting, Talent Development, and People Operations teams to ensure proper delivery and impact of programs
What we expect from you:
- Experience as an HR business partner, ideally in a startup that has experienced massive growth. The ideal candidate should be able to understand the operational areas of the business so that you can help our managers and leaders with complex challenges, and give guidance on People topics.
- Experience implementing people programs including compensation, performance feedback, HR compliance, and professional growth & development initiatives.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity are common. Your job will be as much answering questions as helping to identify which questions to ask.
- The ability to effectively translate metrics and data into actionable strategy.
- Technical curiosity and knowledge of emerging best practice trends in HR products and services.
- A deep sense of empathy. You connect well with employees of all levels and understand their needs.
- A friendly and approachable communication style where both ICs and managers are comfortable confiding in you.
- A belief in a People-first approach to building teams and driving effective performance across the organization.
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top