Senior Engineer: Storage
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building features that developers love
DigitalOcean’s Storage Team builds and runs cloud-scale distributed powering internal and customer-facing services and products. We’re creating flexible and powerful solutions that our customers will leverage to ship their software as quickly and easily as possible. We’re looking for engineers to work on this team responsible end to end from design, implementation and improve DO time series systems. We are looking for a senior engineer who will work on a small team to develop across the whole stack of our current and future systems. This role reports to the Engineering Manager of the Storage team. This job can be worked remotely or from our offices in NYC and Cambridge, MA.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work on technically challenging distributed systems
- Work with an agile, self-managed team of peers
- Contribute to a free/open source platform and community at large
- Work with interesting technologies such as Go, Docker, Kafka, Elasticsearch, and more
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Go, C/C++, Java, Python, Ruby, and/or Perl
- Love writing and improving code
- Works well in a small team of peers
- An ability to work at multiple levels of the stack in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Has used multiple programming languages to build production systems
- Has substantial experience contributing to free software projects
- Has experience with big data and distributed computing systems
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts and application.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top