Senior Engineer: Network Services
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you and your peers will love.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Network Services team, the software you write will run on tens of thousands of hypervisors across our global infrastructure network. You will be responsible for building the next generation of software-defined networking on our platform: providing flexible, yet simple, primitives that our customers have come to love.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Solving problems with distributed systems to reduce bottlenecks, single points of failures and inter-dependencies of our many regions.
- Designing and building highly efficient micro-services to enable new features and internal tooling around the virtual network stack.
- Diving deep into the ocean of highly available & fault-tolerant virtual networking.
- Using technologies and tools such as: Linux, Go, Open vSwitch, Prometheus, Ansible, Chef, MySQL, and others!
What We'll Expect From You:
- Expertise with at least two of the following languages: Go, Perl, Python, C/C++
- Expertise building distributed systems using a microservices architecture
- Knowledge of networking and network layers
- Understanding of flexible and scalable database architecture
- Ability to self-organize and clearly communicate intent
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top