Senior Engineer: Internal Tools
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about creating simple solutions to complex business problems.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join the Internal Tools team. The mission of the team is to seek out and execute on opportunities to refine or rethink workflows and tools throughout our internal processes and products. We collaborate with our Support, Customer Success, and Operations teams to tackle complex technical problems that span a wide set of platforms and tools. When we identify an inefficient process, we start by thinking about the whole system and automate it where it makes sense. By delivering more value to our team, we deliver love to our customers.
The ideal candidate believes that by leveraging technology you can empower others to be more effective and efficient. You are excited to work in an environment where you get to work with teams across the entire company. You will be given the autonomy to build the best tools, and should feel comfortable owning your work. You thrive under pressure, and love to learn and to share your expertise with others in an open, collaborative environment.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work cross-functionally to define the roadmap for our internal tools products
- Take ownership of our internal tools products: perform code reviews, develop new features, and make technology decisions for our internal products, etc.
- Write clean, tested, and maintainable code
What We'll Expect From You:
- Significant experience as a software engineer, developer, or systems programmer in a large scale, distributed environment
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Go, C/C++, Java, Python, Ruby, and/or Perl
- Fluency in automated testing best practices
- An appreciation for agility and thoughtful pragmatism in software development
- Passion for mentoring and coaching other members on your team
- Strong opinions, weakly held
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top