Senior Engineer: Growth & Onboarding
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building solutions to help people realize their ideas.
DigitalOcean’s Developer Tools organization helps remove friction for our customers by providing a simple, yet scalable environment to engage our products and services. We serve a passionate developer community that has grown to love our straightforward pricing, easily configurable infrastructure and intuitive tutorials that helps create and run their software in the cloud.
As a Senior Engineer within the team you will be responsible for thinking about how to present complex cloud infrastructure as simple, configurable tools for our customers. The Growth and Onboarding team is obsessed with creating a fluid experience for new users to utilize all DigitalOcean’s resources to bring their ideas to life through continual measurement, experiments, minimal viable products, and iterations based on feedback.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Interfacing and collaborating with different departments (Marketing, Product Strategy, Customer Success, Data & Analytics) at DigitalOcean to design and deliver projects to improve DigitalOcean user’s experience.
- Commiting code into existing and new projects utilizing languages such as Go, Rails, Ember JS, and Python.
- Collaborating with the Data and Analytics team to measure effectiveness of projects. Analyze data to continually improve projects and collaborate with product strategy to develop new solutions.
- Designing, writing and running the systems that provide an intuitive experience for developers as they engage DigitalOcean products and services.
- Working with other engineers to build performant systems, that take into account testing, CI/CD, monitoring, alerting, build pipelines and deployment to multiple systems.
- Contributing back to the open source software that we rely on.
What We'll Expect From You:
- Significant experience working with software at scale.
- Comfortable working with back end technologies such as Go and Python, and front-end technologies such as Ember JS and Rails.
- The desire to help create and run highly reliable and performant distributed services.
- Experience in authoring designs and specifications.
- Excellent communications skills in written and oral form.
- A healthy respect for tests, and their relationship with distributed architectures and continuous integration.
- Enjoys learning new technologies and languages.
- A fluent Linux shell user with good understanding of Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Docker, CI/CD pipelines like Go CD, consuming and creating Lifecycle Events, etc.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top