Senior Engineer: Frontend Infrastructure
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the Cloud?
DigitalOcean is on a mission to simplify cloud infrastructure for the millions of software developers around the world. We are a small, distributed, and cohesive team. At DigitalOcean, every single engineer has a massive impact on the organization and product, and we want to keep it that way. We believe in autonomy for teams and individuals.
We want people who care about building features that you and your peers will love.
As an engineer on the Frontend Infrastructure team, you will build solutions that allow our engineering teams to quickly deliver high-quality, reliable, and unified user experiences to our customers with a small group of folks who love thinking about performance, accessibility, maintainability, best practices, and the people using the tools we’re making.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Creating and maintaining efficient and intuitive patterns and primitives on top of which other frontend engineers build products
- Advocating frontend best practices such as performance and accessibility across our engineering teams
- Developing tools that help maintain code quality and standards. We think it’s better to have a robot tell you you’re missing that semicolon or that the new button you made isn’t accessible.
- Partnering with other engineering teams to ensure we are delivering an excellent developer workflow spanning from development to production
- Building and supporting systems that allow for data-driven experimentation improvements to our web application
- Working with backend teams to make sure the services we’re all creating work together and complement each other
What We'll Expect From You
- Proficient knowledge of CSS and best practices for keeping styles scalable
- You have a solid understanding of web applications beyond the frontend.
- You know all about browsers’ quirks, but also what tools browsers provide to help profile performance and debug systems.
- You’re passionate about shipping well-engineered and well-tested code.
- You have a desire to build systems to help your fellow engineers deliver their software to production more quickly and reliably.
- You’re a strong communicator. The success of our team hinges on our ability to collaborate within our team, as well as with other engineers throughout the stack and members of our User Experience and Product Teams.
- You understand that solving software problems is just as much about people as it is about code.
Why You’ll Enjoy Working at DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top