Senior Capacity Planning Analyst
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
Our Infrastructure team is responsible for expanding our global infrastructure footprint to enable millions of developers throughout the world to build, deploy and scale the next generation of applications.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own capacity planning lifecycle for a full product line from long range forecasting to short term deployment planning and daily capacity management
- Contribute to regular corporate planning cycles
- Pair with product management & engineering to fold in new developments and business models into capacity plan
- Own deployment plan for server capacity augments
- Provide forecasts to supply chain for systems and components
- Partner with peer Infra teams [Project Management, Network, Platform, and Supply Chain] to ensure smooth capacity augments into variable technology environments
- Anticipate impacts to capacity due to hardware architecture and product changes
- Comprehensive review of capacity metrics for server fleet
- Identify capacity-related issues proactively and work with systems, network, and engineering teams to discover resolutions
What We'll Expect From You:
- You have a driven curious mind. You spot anomalies in data and trends and can’t help but dig in until you figure out the answers
- You have strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency
- You have working knowledge of corporate financial planning cycles, terminologies and interdependencies between supply chain and accounting
- You are well versed with data structures, using Excel and/or SQL, to build reports and make recommendations
- You think server technology and architecture is fascinating and you know the difference between SSD’s and Spinners
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top