Senior Application Security Engineer
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
As a Senior Application Security Engineer, you’ll ensure the highest level of security standards for our customer-facing applications. You will lead the effort to ensure the products we build are secure through each step of the product lifecycle. Our Application Security Engineers educate our engineers, build the tools that facilitate a “secure by default” standard, test our software for vulnerabilities, and remediate vulnerabilities when they do occur. Our customers trust us with their data and operations, and we take that responsibility seriously.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Develop tools and libraries that allow our engineers to ship secure by default products.
- Work with the product and engineering teams to architect our products in a secure way.
- Identify and deploy tools for testing the security of our software to facilitate vulnerability identification during the development lifecycle.
- Identify and deploy tools to enhance monitoring of our applications for malicious behavior.
- Work with security researchers and our bug bounty programs to remediate issues as they are identified.
- Embed with select product teams to foster best practices and provide actionable feedback on secure implementation options.
- Create or identify tools and content to facilitate engineer education and awareness of secure development best practices.
- Provide mentorship to other applications security engineers
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Computer Science degree or cumulative relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of secure software architectures and methodologies
- Strong knowledge of secure coding and credential handling practices
- Strong knowledge of multiple programming and scripting languages (e.g. Go, Rails, Python)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience securing code and products throughout the SDLC
- Experience as a software developer
- Experience working with application vulnerability remediation
- Experience with linux-based environments and different distros
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica is responsible for running the DigitalOcean office. She oversees recruiting and onboarding and ensures that every employee feels fulfilled and supported throughout their time at DigitalOcean.
Back to top