Security Operations Analyst
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
As a Security Operations Analyst, you’ll be joining an existing security team of talented engineers. You will learn how to instrument a network, learn how to identify bad in our environment, and build custom tools for detection. Our customers trust us with their data and operations, and we take that responsibility seriously.
What you'll be doing:
- Utilizing security monitoring tools and techniques for detecting suspicious activity.
- Investigating suspicious activity and determining escalation paths.
- Helping to design user and system behavior analytics capable of identifying anomalous activity customized to DigitalOcean’s environment.
- Work on the incident response team to investigate and forensically research confirmed security incidents.
- Provide detailed input to further mature and implement improved operational processes and workflows around security monitoring and incident response.
- Work in conjunction with all domains of information security (e.g. Security Engineering, Application Security, Risk Management, etc.).
- Work closely and communicate with all teams at DigitalOcean to lead investigations of malicious behavior and improve our security posture.
- Identify and implement mechanisms to further automate security operations.
- Work with teams across the organization to support existing security systems.
What we'll expect from you:
- You have experience directly in a security operations role performing security monitoring and incident response.
- Strong knowledge of one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, etc).
- Strong work ethic, desire to be challenged, and desire to learn.
- Able to operate in a highly social and collaborative workplace.
- Technically proficient in Linux and networking.
- Experience monitoring instrumentation to identify anomalous behavior.
- Experience leading security incident investigations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for staying ahead of Information Security developments and threat landscapes.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top