Sales Development Representative
DigitalOcean is simple cloud hosting built for developers, by developers. We’ve grown to be the 2nd largest cloud provider in the world and are looking for rockstar Sales Development Reps who are going to be help us continue growing to the top and be the cornerstone of our customer acquisition mission.
The Sales Development team is responsible for sourcing, building, and enriching high quality opportunities for the Account Executive/Account Management team to close new business and grow existing customers. A SDR is empowered to create their own innovative ideas for building the best lead generation process but will have a handful of resources of sales stack technology to help them get the job done in the most efficient manner but also have access to a management team who has done this before at other fast growing startups.
If you have a passion for researching/engaging with interesting tech companies, and you enjoy speaking with people while helping them be successful throughout the process, then this position is for you. This is a high growth entry-level role and a great opportunity to develop into an Account Executive or Account Manager.
This is a full-time position based out of our Boston/Cambridge Office.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Research prospect companies, identify decision makers, and generate strong interest of DigitalOcean’s infrastructure
- Respond to inbound inquiries in a timely manner and qualify their interest in DigitalOcean
- Work with our HATCH program to identify small high growth start ups that can leverage this program and begin to develop relationships with them for potential future growth
- Interact with current and future customers through chat
- Qualify low-spending/testing customers who may be interested in a deeper/broader relationship with DigitalOcean
- Setup initial meetings for Account Executives and Account Managers by engaging with interested prospects, understanding their requirements, and ensure they have best possible experience during their exploration phase of DigitalOcean.
- Manage and track all prospect interactions using Salesforce.com to ensure the AE/AM team has best data possible when engaging with our customers
- Consistently achieve or exceed qualified monthly quotas
- Work closely with the Management team and individual Account Executives/Account Managers to develop sales strategies, messaging, and ideas to drive stronger growth each quarter
- Have a deep understanding of our features set, product roadmap, and market to accurately address a customer’s objectives.
- Strong experience in effective communication with customers over email and phone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to explain complicated concepts in clear and concise terms
- Ability to plainly understand and assess a customer’s requirements/needs
- Highest levels of empathy and integrity when engaging with potential customers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Creative, self-aware, and outside-of-the-box thinkers who are able to execute and get things done without having step-by-step instructions
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a sales environment
- A degree in computer science, engineering, or related majors
- Long history of using DigitalOcean as a customer
- Experience using Salesforce and other sales optimization tools
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top