Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about candidate experience and helping our teams hire exceptional talent.
As a Recruiting Coordinator, you will be a candidate experience advocate for hundreds of potential employees, coloring their initial reactions to our hiring practice, company and culture. You’ll be the conduit between internal client teams, hiring managers and the recruiting and people teams to help DigitalOcean hire top talent.
Based in NYC and reporting to the Manager of Recruiting Operations, we need your help in improving operational efficiencies and ensuring our recruitment process is consistent, scaleable, fair, and perhaps most importantly, fun!
What You'll Be Working On
- Acting as a liaison between DigitalOcean’s hiring teams and our candidates; scheduling screens, onsite interviews, interview pre-brief and debrief meetings, and coordinating travel and accommodations for potential employees
- Serving as the main point of contact for candidates interviewing at DigitalOcean
- Meeting and greeting all potential employees on their interview day and providing a world class, positive and stress-free candidate experience
- Working closely with the recruiting team to thoughtfully plan and schedule interviews for both remote and local candidates
- Managing the flow of candidates throughout the interview process using Greenhouse (our Applicant Tracking System), email, and Slack!
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, ideally serving internal or external customers
- Strong organizational and administration skills, experience with Google Suite including Drive, Gmail, and amazing Google calendaring skills (you consider yourself a calendar "wizard")
- Strong commitment to becoming a super user of our Applicant Tracking System, and a champion in best practices
- The ability to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining a roll-with-it attitude when things don’t go smoothly
- Commitment to handling confidential candidate or employee information with trust, diligence, and sensitivity
- A love of working with people to provide great service and an even better experience
- Start-up experience is preferred and an interest in technology is advantageous
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our People team? Clickhere!
Back to top