Receiving & Logistics Coordinator
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
As a member of the Infrastructure Operations team, you are the connector to ensure all infrastructure purchases get where they need to go in a timely fashion! You will be the liaison between our main suppliers, our third party warehouse and our data center field operations team. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and break into the world of Supply Chain in a Cloud Infrastructure company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Track receiving for all new purchases the moment our procurement team issues a purchase order
- Initiate all international shipments by creating commercial invoices, facilitating pick-ups and creating in-bound destination tickets at our 12 data center facilities
- Act as the primary liaison with the third-party warehouse with respect to daily operations for inbound shipments and warehouse pulls
- Provide early identification of problem shipments, if any; communicate/resolve with stakeholders and coordinate/implement solutions
- Ensure internal tickets are updated to provide up to date information
- Act as daily point of contact for any escalation points that may arise on outbound international freight for including wire payments, scheduling delivery appointments and confirming ETA’s
- Prepare daily and weekly activity reports on inbound & outbound shipments
What We'll Expect From You:
- Ability to work in an fast-paced environment with often rapidly changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous exposure to procurement and international logistics highly advantageous
- Strong organizational and administration skills, especially with the entire Google Apps platform including Drive and MS Office and MS Excel
- Comfortability in an office, warehouse and/or data center environment; happy traveling between all three in order to check on deliveries and support field team
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top