Platform Support Specialist
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about assisting customers and solving technical problems along with extensive experience working with Linux and open-source environments. Someone who has a strong desire to support our customers with an emphasis on fixing it once for all.
As a Platform Support Specialist at DigitalOcean your role is to help customers get the most out of their cloud experience and educate them to a deeper level of technical knowledge.
It’s a challenging and rewarding role that enables you to exhibit your deep technical experience in a customer-centric environment. As a small team of about 25, we support 400,000+ customers who utilize 10+ data centers and 10,000+ hypervisors every day. This requires creative problem-solving techniques, deep technical knowledge of things such as the Linux file system and web servers, excellent troubleshooting techniques and lots of empathy for users who are stuck. Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
Our support is a critical component of our service and offering. Our Support mission is directed towards enhancing our products and not limited to providing resolution for our customers. We believe in customer empowerment and self-enablement, hence this opportunity brings out your best to expand our knowledge base and provide great experience to our customers. We achieve this by segregating our support into four major verticals - Compute, Network, Storage and Developer Experience. As the voice of the customer, you have the opportunity to influence product decisions while helping to build the next great cloud company!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Identify customer challenges by providing breakfix support that eventually focuses on fixing similar issues for all our customers.
- Respond to tickets generated by our customers in a timely manner that accurately addresses and resolves the problem
- Troubleshoot Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Rails/Unicorn, PHP and Load Balancers
- Contribute to the engineering roadmap through customer advocacy work in one of four verticals: Compute, Networking, Storage, or Developer Experience
- Quickly learn DigitalOcean systems and adapt to rapid changes which are dependent on priorities and alignment to our support objectives
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Identify and communicate process improvement suggestions
- Execute incident management and escalation procedures
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to improve the customer experience
- Create Knowledge base for challenging customer issues
- Complete projects at the direction of Platform Support Leadership
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about technology and customer support
- Strongly identify with our brand and team culture
- Background with relevant technology and Linux systems
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Prior experience in similar environments
- Programming/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- Source Code Management: Git
- Automation: Chef, Puppet
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Open Source: CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. Our office space is equipped with all the amenities you might need, including with 24/7 access, high speed bandwidth, unlimited coffee and plenty of community focused events to keep you engaged. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Clickhere!
Back to top