Platform Support Specialist
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, Cambridge and Bangalore DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about assisting customers and solving technical problems.
At DigitalOcean our Linux Customer Support Advocates connect customers from around the world with resources that enable them to fully utilize our platform and advocate for their needs. This ensures our customers get the most out of their cloud experience and a deeper level of technical knowledge. It’s a challenging and rewarding role that enables you to exhibit your deep technical experience in a customer-centric environment.
As a small team of 25, we support more than 200,000 customers who utilize 10+ data centers and over 10,000 hypervisors every day. As a voice of the customer, Linux Customer Support Advocates have the opportunity to influence product decisions and to be in frontline of representing our company and brand.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responding to a high volume of technical tickets generated by our customers
- Troubleshooting Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Rails/Unicorn, and PHP
- Working both collaboratively and independently within a team setting as well as with other engineering teams (we love Slack!)
- Identifying, communicating, and documenting process improvement suggestions
- Running incident management and escalations
- Completing projects that contribute to CSAT
What We'll Expect From You:
- Successful track record in providing world-class Customer Support to tech-savvy customers
- Unrivaled passion for being a customer advocate and for technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strongly identify with our brand and team culture
- Background with relevant technology, Linux systems, and similar environments
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Bonus: Programming/Scripting (Ruby, Python, Go, Bash, PHP)
- Bonus: Source Code Management (Git)
- Bonus: Automation (Chef, Puppet)
- Bonus: Virtualization (KVM, Xen)
- Bonus: Open Source (CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant)
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top