Manager, Logistics and Inventory
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building out a team focused on efficiently moving our assets around the world, creating compliant processes around our asset management & inventory control.
We are looking for a Manager, Logistics and Inventory to oversee the asset management, logistics and inventory control functions. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Capacity & Supply Chain, this manager will focus on mapping out individual career paths for the team, maturing existing processes for supplier diversity, compliance and scale.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build, manage and develop a team of asset, logistics and inventory specialists
- Freight vendor and category management (assess/select/manage, spend optimization, contract negotiation and governance, performance management & score carding)
- Process improvements – optimize in/outbound delivery performance, order consolidation
- Manage multiple carriers and contracts and perform cost and process analysis and leverage results to make key decisions
- Partner with Global Data Center Manager to identify key inventory levels and create process for automated reorders
- Develop an ISO/GAAP asset management program including asset adds, moves and disposition
- Manage and optimize warehouse location
- Ensure DigitalOcean is compliant with international trade and freight regulation laws
- Implementation, management, and reporting of Cycle Counting based on best practices to include on-demand cycle counting
- Partner with Accounting to establish and/or implement new processes for internal controls as it pertains to the supply chain & assist with internal audit requests
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Strong negotiations skillset
- Experience moving high dollar value technology assets globally
- Working knowledge of inventory control systems
- Experienced in asset lifecycle management
- Knowledge of 3PL warehouse
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top