Manager, Customer Support
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, Berlin, Bangalore and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about fine-tuning the performance and accelerating the personal development of their team members.
We are looking for a passionate Manager to lead our third shift support team in Berlin. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Customer Support, this person will have strong opinions about the direction and performance of the team, demonstrate a deep understanding of DO (customers, policies, and procedures), desire to help others reach their full potential, and feel responsible for the efforts of their team. They will yearn to invest their skills, energy, and focus on developing and maintaining a shift that is founded on authenticity, love, transparency, efficiency, accountability, collaboration, empowerment, and fun!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Place the customer experience at the forefront of their work
- Manage & triage the queue to reduce wait times & optimize customer experience
- Schedule appropriate coverage for Platform Support duties and alert leadership to conflicts and gaps
- Act as first-point-of-contact for escalations to leadership
- Ensure escalations on shift are routed, prioritized, alerted, and resolved properly
- Report on to leadership regarding the daily & monthly performance of shift members
- Provide weekly feedback to direct reports on productivity & QA
- Understand the obstacles, setbacks, triumphs, & motivations of shift members
- Own handoffs between shifts on both an individual & leadership level
- Discuss trends, issues, and strategy with leadership, and implement resultant changes on the shift
- Advocate for the perspective of direct reports on their shift to leadership
- Advocate for the perspective of leadership to their direct reports
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Ability to motivate shift members to reach their potential
- Attention to detail in relation to what happens during the shift
- Ability to find the answer, even if you don’t know it (JIRA, escalation, outreach to other teams, etc)
- Ability to accomplish the tasks that are asked of ICs on the shift
- Effective delegation of tasks, roles, and project work
- Ability to take de-escalated complex and difficult escalations
- A reputation for holding shift members to a high performance standard
- Solid analytical skills & the ability to work with metrics, numbers, & trends
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to transition between hands-on & tactical to complex & strategic work with ease
- Ability to corral a conversation with multiple voices into a productive & brief discussion without leaving anyone feeling marginalized
- Problem-solving skills that can unite people in a genuine & authentic way to work together & drive solutions & successful outcomes
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We want you to love where you work. We are very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support
Back to top