Linux Technical Support Specialist
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, Cambridge, Berlin, and Bangalore, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about assisting customers and solving technical problems.
At DigitalOcean our Developer Support Specialist (Linux Technical Support Specialist) connects customers from around the world with resources that enable them to fully utilize our platform and advocate for their needs. This ensures our customers get the most out of their cloud experience and a deeper level of technical knowledge. It’s a challenging and rewarding role that enables you to exhibit your deep technical experience in a customer-centric environment.
As a small team of 25, we support more than 200,000 customers who utilize 10+ data centers and over 10,000 hypervisors every day. As a voice of the customer, Linux Customer Support Advocates have the opportunity to influence product decisions and to be on the frontline of representing our company and brand.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responding to a high volume of technical tickets generated by our customers
- Troubleshooting Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Rails/Unicorn, and PHP
- Working both collaboratively and independently within a team setting as well as with other engineering teams (we love Slack!)
- Identifying, communicating, and documenting process improvement suggestions
- Running incident management and escalations
- Completing projects that contribute to CSAT
What We'll Expect From You:
- Successful track record in providing world-class Customer Support to tech-savvy customers
- Unrivaled passion for being a customer advocate and for technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strongly identify with our brand and team culture
- Background with relevant technology, Linux systems, and similar environments
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Bonus: Programming/Scripting (Ruby, Python, Go, Bash, PHP)
- Bonus: Source Code Management (Git)
- Bonus: Automation (Chef, Puppet)
- Bonus: Virtualization (KVM, Xen)
- Bonus: Open Source (CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant)
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health and internet bill reimbursement for remote employees.
- We invest in your future. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top