Linux Customer Support Level 2
At DigitalOcean our Linux Customer Support Specialists connect customers from around the world with resources that enable them to fully utilize our platform and advocate for their needs. This ensures our customers get the most out of their cloud experience and a deeper level of technical knowledge.
It’s a challenging and rewarding role that enables you to exhibit your deep technical experience in a customer-centric environment. As a small team of about 25 we support 200,000+ customers who utilize 10+ data centers and 10,000+ hypervisors every day. This requires creative problem solving techniques, deep technical knowledge of things such as the Linux file system and web servers, excellent trouble shooting techniques and lots of empathy for users who are stuck.
We’re looking for candidates who are are passionate about technologies we use, and have extensive experience working with Linux and open-source environments. As the voice of the customer you have the opportunity to influence product decisions while helping to build the next great cloud company! This role can be based out of Cambridge, MA or you can work remotely. If you do work remotely, we ask that you come onsite to the office periodically for team building.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Respond to a high volume of technical tickets generated by our customers
- Troubleshoot Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Rails/Unicorn, and PHP
- Quickly learn DigitalOcean systems and adapt to rapid changes
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Identify and communicate process improvement suggestions
- Incident management and escalations
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to improve the customer’s experience
- Willingness to work in a 24x7 setting (nights and weekends)
- Work directly with other engineering teams to be the voice of the customer in product releases and other related efforts
- Documentation of needed support resources
- Complete projects at the direction of Platform Support Leadership
What We'll Expect From You:
- Successful track record in providing world class Linux Customer Support to tech savvy customers
Experience building documentation and/or training other technicians
Unrivaled passion for being a customer advocate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about technology and customer support
- Strongly identify with our brand and team culture
- Background with relevant technology and Linux systems
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Prior experience in similar environments
- Programming/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- Source Code Management: Git
- Automation: Chef, Puppet
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Open Source: CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica is responsible for running the DigitalOcean office. She oversees recruiting and onboarding and ensures that every employee feels fulfilled and supported throughout their time at DigitalOcean.
Back to top