International Logistics Coordinator
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating tactical and strategic plans for maintaining our core infrastructure, our data centers.
As a member of the Infrastructure Operations team, you are the connector to ensure all infrastructure purchases get where they need to go in a timely fashion! You will be the liaison between our main suppliers, our third party warehouse and our data center field operations team. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and break into the world of Supply Chain in a Cloud Infrastructure company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Track receiving for all new purchases the moment our procurement team issues a purchase order
- Initiate all international shipments by creating commercial invoices, facilitating pick-ups and creating in-bound destination tickets at our 12 data center facilities
- Act as the primary liaison with the third-party warehouse with respect to daily operations for inbound shipments and warehouse pulls
- Provide early identification of problem shipments, if any; communicate/resolve with stakeholders and coordinate/implement solutions
- Ensure internal tickets are updated to provide up to date information
- Act as daily point of contact for any escalation points that may arise on outbound international freight for including wire payments, scheduling delivery appointments and confirming ETA’s
- Prepare daily and weekly activity reports on inbound & outbound shipments
- Working with external partners and suppliers to ensure optimal delivery precision
What We'll Expect From You:
- Ability to work in an fast-paced environment with often rapidly changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with a critical eye
- A keen interest in technology and getting to know well the many SKU’s associated with our infrastructure
- Previous exposure to procurement and international logistics highly advantageous
- Strong organizational and administration skills, especially with the entire Google Apps platform including Drive and MS Office and MS Excel
- Familiarity with the global workplace and able to respond, on occasion, to escalations or other high impact events out of office hours
- Comfortability in an office, warehouse and/or data center environment; happy traveling between all three in order to check on deliveries and support field team
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and to support internal teams as if they were your external customer
- High aptitude with spreadsheets, reporting and trend analysis
- Working knowledge of 3PL,courier services, freight forwarders, IOR/EOR partners and how they all affect the international delivery process
- Command of the English language and working knowledge of additional European languages would be preferred
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health.
- We invest in your future. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Department: Infrastructure
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!
Back to top