Infrastructure Hardware Sourcer
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about procurement and technology.
We are looking for a talented Infrastructure Buyer to lead procurement for our 12 global data centers, capacity and new product launches. Reporting to the Manager of Supply Chain & Capacity Planning, you will be part of a growing team, helping to build out a critical function at an amazing cloud company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own procurement for all Infrastructure purchases from requesting vendor quotes to issuing purchase orders
- Be the primary point of contact for our accounting team for purchase order and stock inventory statuses
- Work closely with our Logistics & Asset Manager for receipt of goods
- Have a solid understanding of approved project budgets and raise alarms as needed as purchasing progresses
- Ensure shipping timelines are communicated to internal infrastructure stakeholders
- Lead recurring supplier meetings to review outstanding purchases and forecasts
- Partner with Hardware Architecture, Platform Engineering and Network Engineering team to secure supply chain for technology lifecycle management shifts
- Prepare weekly and ad hoc reporting for FP&A and Executive team
- Develop metrics to measure quality, performance and on-time delivery of equipment
- Develop scoring methods and scorecards to be used for rating the vendors’ performance
- Maintain current knowledge of the relevant servers technology and industry trends
- Manage the vendor relationships with key OEM and ODM partners including vendor selection, pricing negotiations and product roadmap transition
What We’ll Expect From You:
- You calmly tackle multiple high priority requests
- You tame wild spreadsheets with joy and are unfazed by ERP system limitations
- You are meticulous with data accuracy for reporting
- Technology excites you; you are fascinated by changing technology and how it impacts the cloud world and DigitalOcean in particular
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top