Inbound Sales Executive
DigitalOcean is seeking talented Inbound Sales Executives to ensure potential customers interested in DigitalOcean have everything they need to get started. Whether it’s answering technical platform questions, helping to navigate our product, or assisting high scale startups with their architecture planning, you will continue making DigitalOcean the fastest growing cloud provider in the world. If you have a passion for engaging with interesting high growth companies, and you enjoy speaking with people while helping them be successful throughout the process, then this position is for you.
This is a full-time position based out of our Cambridge office.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manage a pipeline by engaging with prospects and new customers, understanding their technical requirements, and work to successfully onboard the customer onto our platform
- Generate revenue and increase market share based on a given industry vertical
- Have a deep understanding of our feature set, product roadmap, and market to accurately address a customer’s objectives
- Provide virtual demos of DigitalOcean’s control panel and API
- Work with the Solutions Engineering team to execute Proof of Concepts
- Work with the Customer Success team to ensure a smooth transition of customer accounts once onboarded
- Understand new customer use cases & plans for DigitalOcean in order to uncover high potential clients for Account Management team
- Collaborate with other teams to improve the customer's experience. Good example is funneling feature requests and feedback to the amazing product/engineering team that built our product
- Develop long term relationships with fast growing companies and startups to bring the most innovative applications to DigitalOcean
- Work closely with support to address basic technical & billing questions to new users considering DigitalOcean
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Experience in sales executive, sales engineer, or technical consulting type of roles including customer support
- General understanding of cloud based infrastructure components (compute, networking, storage).
- Interest & ability to become deeply knowledgeable in DigitalOcean’s product and the cloud infrastructure industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Ability to plainly understand and assess a customer’s requirements/needs
- Clear understanding of DigitalOcean’s brand and mission
- A desire to get the best out of everyone on their team with the ability to balance the demands of multiple constituencies, defining priorities and setting appropriate expectations.
- Deep passion for ensuring customers have the most amazing experience throughout the entire journey
- A degree in computer science, engineering, or related majors
- Expertise with one or more of the following languages: Go, Ruby, Node.js
- Long history of using DigitalOcean as a customer
- Understanding and knowledge of virtualization (Xen, KVM, and Containers)
- Understanding of Linux
- Familiarity with at least one configuration-management system (chef, puppet, ansible)
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica is responsible for running the DigitalOcean office. She oversees recruiting and onboarding and ensures that every employee feels fulfilled and supported throughout their time at DigitalOcean.
Back to top