Hardware Supply Chain Planner
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating a supply chain with leading technology manufacturers around the world.
We are looking for a supply chain enthusiast to build new robust relationships with all our hardware and component manufacturers. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Capacity & Supply Chain, the Manufacturer Relationship Manager will be essential to strengthening our supply chain strategy.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop and execute raw materials and components supply chain strategy
- Manage relationships with key suppliers. Address any potential supply risks, working closely with cross-functional partners.
- Act as liaison for DigitalOcean supply chain & procurement team
- Work with Infrastructure Buyer to negotiate volume and pricing
- Partner with Infrastructure Engineering team to coordinate internal certification progress
- Aggregate component and server forecast from Capacity Planning team
- Communicate and manage long term forecasting with component manufacturers, server manufacturers and integrators
- Attend industry events/conferences to ensure DigitalOcean maintains excellent visibility to vendors
What We’ll Expect From You:
- You have superb negotiation skills balancing cost reduction and relationship management
- You are well versed in server technology and various server hardware components
- You understand how to maneuver the supply chain landscape
- You have demonstrated success in managing vendor relationships on behalf of a large enterprise
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top